ⓘ In Fall 2021, the Writing Center will offer both in-person and online services. Details and Hours ➡
The Writing Center works to improve cadet writing, at any level and in any discipline. Professional and peer writing consultants work with cadets in one-on-one conferences on every aspect of the writing process, from planning a paper to polishing the final draft.
While adhering to the Honor Code and Work-for-Grade policy, the Writing Center helps cadets develop the skills necessary to edit and proofread their own writing.
Consultants can help:
- Conquer writer's block
- Brainstorm and choose a topic
- Develop outlines
- Narrow topics and formulate a thesis
- Incorporate sources effectively
- Acknowledge sources properly
- Develop strategies for revision, editing, and proofreading